Here are some of my favorite resources:
- If you’d like to understand yourself better via personality tests, I recommend these two assessments: the MBTI and the Enneagram (free Enneagram test here). I’ve found these helpful for understanding my interactions with others, as well as finding what career might fit me best.
- If you’d like to begin a mindfulness practice, I recommend an app called Insight Timer. I especially like the guided meditations related to EMDR, anxiety, and grief.
- If your thoughts have turned negative, check out The Work of Byron Katie. Her four questions and a turnaround have often helped me to see how I am contributing to my own suffering.
- If you’d like to communicate better with others, I recommend using Nonviolent Communication. It is very difficult to have a communication breakdown when this method is used.
- If you’d like to rewire your brain, try Daniel Siegel’s Wheel of Awareness. Dr. Siegel has correlated mindfulness to nine benefits that I have personally experienced.
- If you’re struggling, try Jack Kornfield’s Guided Meditation. Dr. Kornfield is an expert in mindfulness, and his calm voice is very soothing to me.
- If you’d like to combat shame with courage, vulnerability, and empathy, I highly recommend Brene Brown. She is a gifted scholar, author, professor and speaker who always makes me feel a little saner when I listen to her or read what she has written.
- If you want to go deeper with your inner self, I recommend listening to the Phyllis Mathis School of Life recordings. Not only is Phyllis my wife and the love of my life, she is a gifted therapist, life-coach, speaker and insightful teacher.
- If you are a man who would like a big step up in becoming who you would like to be, I recommend the New Warrior Training Adventure, Marked Men for Christ, and Men at the Cross. All are weekend retreats I have attended, staffed, and participated in or led the follow-up men’s groups.
Reach Out Today
I would love to hear from you!
For a free phone consultation, please call 720-319-1267.